Saturday, October 24, 2009

What model of men's Riedell figure skates and what blade would you suggest for a beginning skater?

I am looking for a good pair of figure skates to use for beginning training and for practice use until I am a little more advanced and can afford a more expensive pair. I plan to eventually compete in college and adult USFSA divisions, once I have gained some experience. What boot and blade would you reccomend for the beginner on a budget? I am looking at the Riedell products, although I would be open to Harlick as well. I trust these two brands above any other due to their strong reputations among athletes.

What model of men's Riedell figure skates and what blade would you suggest for a beginning skater?
While personally I'm a huge fan of Harlicks, for beginners I would recommend starting with Riedells. They're a little more reasonable price-wise for a beginner in that if you decide you don't want to continue skating (which I can't imagine why anyone would do that! haha), you haven't invested your life savings in a pair of skates. Also many of the Riedells that are made for a beginning skater come with blades already, so you don't have to go through the hassle of finding blades, getting them mounted, blah blah blah -- oh, and paying for them -- another expensive aspect of skating! If you check out the Riedell website, they have a very handy little chart that breaks down their boots/blades by skill level. If you're looking to save a little money, as I tell everyone, make sure you get properly fitted by a pro shop first and check for deals online. If you're fine with a used pair, try that too. Once you're armed with your correct size you can hopefully find a "decent" price. Once you're on to more advanced jumps and looking for more boot stiffness, then maybe try Harlicks. I have an adult male skating student (beginner) who is skating in Ridells and he was just telling me how happy he is with them -- he says they are super comfortable! I never hear that about skates! :)





Good luck to you -- I hope you reach your goals!
Reply:What exact level are you a beginner at? You do not want to get too stiff of skates for a beginner because it can cause problems breaking them in, and other problems. I would probably suggest going with a Riedell Blue Ribbon or Riedell Bronze Medallion. Here is a boot recommendation form that will help you decide on which boot and blade would be best for your level http://www.riedellskates.com/fit/boots.h... http://www.riedellskates.com/fit/blades.... I don't think I would suggest Harlick's yet if you are still a beginner because most of their boots are fairly stiff and more for advanced skaters, little loan they can be fairly expensive for their bottom of the line boot (approx. $400 for the boot only). I would also talk to your coach about which skate would be best for you. Good luck!



accessories belts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive